Sunday, April 1, 2012

Big Blue and Healthy Dinner

I may live in Texas, but I will always bleed blue. Kentucky blue. For those of you who don't follow college basketball, my beloved Wildcats played our in-state rival team, the Louisville Cardinals, last night in the Final Four. The whole week leading up to this game I thought I might throw up. Or cry. Or stop breathing. And that was all before the game even started. Keith was scheduled to work so my friend Cami saved me from myself having to watch the game alone. And as a bonus, both our husbands actually got to watch it with us at the last minute.

To spread some Big Blue Nation to the land of burnt orange (or more relevantly, Baylor women), I thought we could theme our food. Here's to staying healthy AND school spirited!

Pulled chicken, aka pulled cardinal bird, sandwiches


























Salad with BIG BLUE cheese (why did I always think it was bleu cheese?)


























BIG BLUE chips and salsa



































I'd like to think this nutritious spread had something to do with the Cats' victory last night. Perhaps we can serve up a side of jayhawk Monday night for the championship. GO CATS.

1 comment:

  1. I did a little research. Seems it's just the difference of english vs. french on the spelling. Although, if it's Maytag it definitely should be blue and if roquefort- which is a french type then definitely bleu. Bleu just sounds and looks cooler to me :)

    ReplyDelete