Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Recipe-less Post

I'm well aware it's been a while since my last post. I've had some flops in the kitchen lately. Do not try store-bought raspberry-chipotle marinade. It's gross. Of course, it could taste gross from me absolutely charring it to death on the grill. Then there were the Cajun red beans and rice. The bag said they would take 2-3 hours. No big deal. Nine hours later, the beans still weren't done. And once they finally were, I left them out on the counter overnight. Good thing Hubs is less fearful of the Temperature Danger Zone than I am so the beans didn't go completely to waste. What can I say? Once food safety certified, always food safety certified.

Of course, I've also had some fun recently too which kept me busy. My great friends from college came to visit and Mrs. Nutritious left some of her healthy eating habits behind. Hey, when you're trying out food carts and BBQ joints in Austin it's ok to stray a little! Here's a few pics I stole from Patrick.

Eating at Scholz Garten...open since 1866 and great place for pre-UT game festivities....


























Which is exactly what we did next.




























Luckily, I have had some cooking success since my friends left and will be posting about a delicious salmon recipe next! Check back soon... I promise it won't be as long this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment