Saturday, February 4, 2012

Apricot-Lemon Chicken

I've been trying to plan all our meals for the week on Sundays when I do my grocery shopping. This way I don't waste 30 minutes when I get home just on deciding what we're going to eat. But last week I fell into a funk. Nothing sounded good, especially when trying to guess what I'd be in the mood for in 4 days. Luckily my good friend Amber pointed me toward this simple recipe for Apricot-Lemon Chicken. And it was....soooooo....good!

The best part is there are only 4 ingredients. (I don't count water, salt, or pepper.) And none of these ingredients add significant calories. Even better! Take a look.








I'm well aware that's an odd looking chicken breast. That's because I bought "young chicken" breasts, mostly because they're thin and easier to cook in a skillet. I paired it with roasted red skin potatoes and green beans. Amber paired it with squash and salad. Cooking Light peared paired it with Sweet Lemon-Mint Pear Salad. The choice is yours!

Apricot-Lemon Chicken
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray
1/3 cup apricot spread (I used Smuckers Simply Fruit)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp water
2 tsp grated lemon rind (don't really think you need this)

1. Combine first 3 ingredients in small bowl. Rub mixture on chicken.
2. Place large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done (likely longer than 6 minutes). Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm.
3. Add apricot spread, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp water to pan, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat about 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with lemon rind.

1 comment: